Check the boxes below to ignore/unignore words, then click save at the bottom. Ignored words will never appear in any learning session.
19 words 0 ignored
Ready to learn Ready to review
a state of mind consisting of pure sensation or emotion, without cognitive content
1. a pet idea or project. 2. a topic to which one constantly reverts 3. a stick with a horse's head, or a rocking horse, ridden by children.
an established custom or usage, esp one having legal force
excessively friendly; friendly or appearing to be friendly in a very intimate or hearty way
Gently stimulating evacuation of the bowels; laxative.
causing vomiting (n or adj)
1. to lament loudly and shrilly. 2. to howl, as a dog or a wolf; hoot, as an owl.
1. place or condition of perfect bliss 2. the dwelling place of the blessed after death (Greek mythology)
to leave hurriedly or quickly [slang]
A compulsion to embroider the truth, engage in exaggeration, or tell lies.
Unwilling to state facts or opinions simply and directly
panophobia (also pantophobia)
1. a fear of everything 2. a nonspecific fear, a state of general anxiety.
1. (in writing) unnecessary words, phrases, or exposition; expendable verbiage. 2. the dead branches on a tree; dead branches or trees.
The quotation marks used to indicate that the quoted word or phrase is incorrect, nonstandard, ironic or not the author's preferred terminology
1. A constructor of crosswords. 2. An enthusiast of word games, especially of crosswords.
Originating from within.
Feeding on a limited variety of food
something that is contradictory or opposite to another; a logical contradiction
(1) A grammatical mistake in speaking or writing. (2) A blunder in etiquette or proper behavior.