Level 8 Level 10
28 words 0 ignored
Ready to learn Ready to review
Check the boxes below to ignore/unignore words, then click save at the bottom. Ignored words will never appear in any learning session.
1a) A large often sumptuous tent. 1b) Something resembling a canopy or tent. 2a) A part of a building projecting from the rest. 2b) One of several detached or semidetached units into which a building is sometimes divided. 3a) A usually open sometimes ornamental structure in a garden, park, or place of recreation that is used for entertainment or shelter. 3b) A temporary structure erected at an exposition by an individual exhibitor. 4) The lower faceted part of a brilliant below the girdle.
1) The nest of a bird on a cliff or a mountaintop. 2) (Obselete): A brood of birds of prey. 3) An elevated often secluded dwelling, structure, or position.
An outer defensive work. Especially : a tower at a gate or bridge.
(Transitive): 1) To cause anger, irritation, or deep bitterness. 2) To feel anger and irritation. (Intransitive): To cause irritation or bitterness in.
A close-fitting hip-length usually sleeveless jacket.
Marked by or exhibiting a fawning attentiveness.
1) An authoritative order; command. 2) An urgent prompting.
1) A projecting part of a fortification. 2) A fortified area or position. 3) Stronghold.
(Verb): 1) To condemn strongly as unworthy, unacceptable, or evil. 2) To foreordain to damnation. 3) To refuse to accept; reject. (Adjective): 1) (Archaic) Tejected as worthless or not standing a test; condemned. 2a) Foreordained to damnation. 2b) Morally corrupt; depraved. (Noun): An unprincipled or depraved person; scoundrel; rogue.
1) A little tower. 2a) A revolving armored structure on a warship that protects one or more guns mounted within it. A similar upper structure usually for one gun on a tank. A gunner's fixed or movable enclosure in an airplane. 2b) A tall building usually moved on wheels and formerly used for carrying soldiers and equipment for breaching or scaling a wall. 3) A pivoted and revolvable holder in a machine tool. 4) A device (as on a microscope or a television camera) holding several lenses.
1) A protective barrier; bulwark. 2) A broad embankment raised as a fortification and usually surmounted by a parapet. 3) A wall-like ridge (as of rock fragments, earth, or debris).
1) Dunghill. 2a) A refuse heap, especially a kitchen _______. 2b) A small pile (as of seeds, bones, or leaves) gathered by a rodent (such as a pack rat).
A slender vertical member that forms a division between units of a window, door, or screen or is used decoratively.
(Adjective): 1) Having the guardianship of a person or a thing. 2) Of or relating to a guardian. (Noun): A ______ power (such as a deity).
1) A laced boot reaching halfway or more to the knee. 2a) A high thick-soled laced boot worn by actors in Greek and Roman tragic drama. 2b) Tragedy, especially tragedy resembling that of ancient Greek drama.
(Noun): One that is thin from or as if from lack of food. (Adjective): Being a ____.
(Intransitive): To direct one's course; travel. (Transitive): To proceed on (one's way); direct. (Noun): A member of a Slavic people of eastern Germany.
1) A strongly condemnatory utterance; abusive language. 2) The condition of one that is discredited; bad repute.
1) A member of any of various peoples (as in antiquity) who lived or were reputed to live chiefly in caves. 2) A person characterized by reclusive habits or outmoded or reactionary attitudes.
1) Of or relating to the earth; terrestrial. 2) Being or relating to a usually natural electric current flowing near the earth's surface.
1) (Obselete) Madman; lunatic. 2) An asylum for the mentally ill. 3) A place, scene, or state of uproar and confusion.
Either of a pair of metal supports for firewood used on a hearth and made of a horizontal bar mounted on short legs with usually a vertical shaft surmounting the front end.
(Archaic): Something held sacred.
1) Half note. 2) Something very minute. 3) A unit of capacity equal to ¹/₆₀ fluid dram.
A song or poem in honor of a bride and bridegroom.
To make a moaning or sighing sound.
1) A joyous song or hymn of praise, tribute, thanksgiving, or triumph. 2) A work that praises or honors its subject; ecomium; tribute.
A Chinese idol or cult image.