Level 7 Level 9
28 words 0 ignored
Ready to learn Ready to review
Check the boxes below to ignore/unignore words, then click save at the bottom. Ignored words will never appear in any learning session.
A window sash that opens on hinges at the side. Also a window with such a sash
1) A rib or rim for strength, for guiding, or for attachment to another object. 2) A projecting edge of cloth used for decoration on clothing
Highly or widely praised or boasted about
1) A graphic description or representation; picture. 2) A striking or artistic grouping; arrangement; scene. 3) A depiction of a scene usually presented on a stage by silent and motionless costumed participants.
1) The invocation of a religious blessing. Especially the short blessing with which public worship is concluded. 2) Something that promotes goodness or well-being
To cry weakly; whimper.
Relating to, occupied with, or fond of feasting, drinking, and good company.
1) Deception by artifice or stratagem in order to conceal, escape, or evade. 2) A deceptive device or stratagem.
A stupid or unimaginative person.
Slightly green; greenish.
(Noun): An organized massacre of helpless people, specifically such a massacre of Jews. (Verb): To massacre or destroy in a ______.
1) Very liberal in giving or bestowing; lavish. 2) Characterized by great liberality or generosity.
A coral island consisting of a reef surrounding a lagoon.
1) A small protuberance, excrescence, or knob. 2) One of a series of small ridges or beads on a metal surface to aid in gripping.
1) Excessively embellished in style or language; bombastic; pompous. 2) Being in a state of distension; swollen; tumid.
To deviate from the truth; equivocate.
A light 15th century helmet with or without a visor and with a projection over the neck.
1a) Involuntary orientation by an organism or one of its parts that involves turning or curving by movement or by differential growth and is a positive or negative response to a source of stimulation. 1b) A reflex reaction involving a ____. 2) An innate tendency to react in a definite manner to stimuli. Broadly: a natural inclination; propensity.
Sleight of hand; legerdemain.
Divination by lots; sorcery.
(Intransitive): To say or do something jokingly or mockingly. (Transitive): To make mocking fun of.
(Noun): 1) A plant (such as a fruit tree) trained to grow flat against a support (such as a wall). 2) A railing or trellis on which fruit trees or shrubs are trained to grow flat. (Verb): 1) To train as a(n) _____. 2) To furnish with a(n) _______.
A Eurasian deciduous shrub (Ligustrum vulgare) of the olive family with semievergreen leaves and small white flowers that is widely used for hedges. Broadly : any of various shrubs of the same genus.
1) Of or relating to bile. 2) Marked by or suffering from liver dysfunction and especially excessive secretion of bile. 3) Appearing as if affected by a ______ disorder. 4) Of or indicative of a peevish ill-natured disposition. 5) Sickeningly unpleasant.
1) A light meal allowed on fast days in place of lunch or supper. 2) Any light meal.
1) Playing lightly on or over a surface; flickering. 2) Softly bright or radiant. 3) Marked by lightness or brilliance especially of expression.
1) The lowest degree of volition. 2) A slight wish or tendency; inclination.