Level 4 Level 6
15 words 0 ignored
Ready to learn Ready to review
Check the boxes below to ignore/unignore words, then click save at the bottom. Ignored words will never appear in any learning session.
1) an act or round of applause 2) Enthusiastic approval —usually used in plural.
1) A braced frame serving as a support. 2) A horse 3) A braced framework of timbers, piles, or steelwork for carrying a road or railroad over a depression
Verb) To praise or extol in words or song. Noun) Praise. Acclaim.
of the same substance
brilliantly lively, stimulating, or witty
1) A small sweet cake in the form of a twisted strip fried in deep fat. 2) (Northern & Midland): an unraised doughnut
1) Cheerless 2) Dejected; downcast.
1) Indegestion. 2) Ill humor; disgruntlement.
1a) Showing innocent or childlike simplicity and candidness. 1b) Lacking craft or subtlety. 2) (Obselete) Noble; honorable
Using or involving the use of a minimum of words; concise to the point of seeming rude or mysterious.
a) An elegant or showy garment b) Something showy, frivolous, or nonessential c) ostentation, especially something foolish or affectedly elegant
to form or discharge pus
(Chiefly British) Lacking intelligence; stupid
1a) To propel by causing to rotate. Roll. 1b) (archaic) To cause to revolve; spin 2) To transport in or as if in a wheeled vehicle. 3) To progress by revolving. 4) To move on or as if on wheels.
1) A potion credited with magical power. 2) A potion, drug, or charm held to have the power to arouse sexual passion