There should be an element to test that you know the correct tone

I would alo like it if somehow wrting could be tested. This way all elements of what needs to be memorized is trained.

Posted by bortseb 8/1/12, last update 8/1/12 (2 years ago)
  • I agree. Tone learning seems to need seperate mems, seperate scheduling, seperate testing. Right now they are combined which results in really awkward testing of the tones (too easy multiple choice then you face it and get partial credit every time in type testing).

For now, the way to do it is to open up the course, and choose Other Study Options > Pronunciation > Type Test

When I miss a word I right click it and make a new tab so I can remember to create a pronunciation mem for the tone.

Posted by ThatHorse 8/1/12 (2 years ago)
  • I had no idea about this feature, so thank you! However, it is broken, one quarter of the time it shows me a character and asks me to pick that same character from the list.... or shoes me pinyin and asks me to pick the pinyin. Something is flawed.

There should be a way to put the reading and pronunciation all into one package. I want to learn everything all at once and not have to remember to skip back and forth.

Posted by bortseb 8/1/12 (2 years ago)