Memrise is launching The Membus Tour!

Does anyone know a good grammar supplement to memrise?

Any suggestions?

Posted by Zwick 7/7/12 , last update 8/19/12 (3 years ago)
  • I use a book, and I would recommend you to buy a grammar book as well. For vocabulary I really like memrise, but for grammar I prefer a book with all the rules, examples et cetera put together.

Posted by jacobras 7/7/12 (3 years ago)
  • I agree you need a book but there's a post on here 'Verbs conjugations new course - UPDATE' which has some grammar courses on here which I've started and have found that it's starting to sink in as they're not too complex or jumbled....

Posted by Cookewitch 7/7/12 (3 years ago)
  • Whilst I absolutely agree that a grammar book is crucial if you want to learn French and reach some form of fluency, a further supplement I recommend is I head there whenever I need further clarification about some specific grammar topic. For example I was learning about Direct Objects, and so I just looked it up and found , which explains it all. Another helpful page is So basically, they have an abundance of really helpful information. I'm yet to come across topics they fail to cater for. Highly recommended! :)

Posted by nmarom 7/9/12 (3 years ago)
  • Hi, I like duolingo; it's fun to do and helps you build your own sentences.

Posted by vickiem30 7/18/12 (3 years ago)
  • Thanks Vickiem30 will check that one out....anything online seems to work better for me...!

Posted by Cookewitch 7/19/12 (3 years ago)
  • duolingo is great for basic sentences, grammar, etc.

a grammar book would help too.

Posted by helenxwho 7/21/12 (3 years ago)
  • Thanks for sharing that link, vickiem30! Duolingo seems like a great supplement to Memrise :)

Posted by jacobras 7/23/12 (3 years ago)
  • My text from Uni was called "La Grammaire a L'ouvre" -- I'm not sure it would be a good resource for an absolute beginner, but for someone who has taken intermediate level courses, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. It had great charts in the back for conjugation of irregular verbs, including all the tenses. I think it's still in print.

Posted by art-mama 8/19/12 (3 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity