Does anyone know a good grammar supplement to memrise?

Any suggestions?

Posted by Zwick 7/7/12, last update 8/19/12 (2 years ago)
  • I use a book, and I would recommend you to buy a grammar book as well. For vocabulary I really like memrise, but for grammar I prefer a book with all the rules, examples et cetera put together.

Posted by jacobras 7/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • I agree you need a book but there's a post on here 'Verbs conjugations new course - UPDATE' which has some grammar courses on here which I've started and have found that it's starting to sink in as they're not too complex or jumbled....

Posted by Cookewitch 7/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • Whilst I absolutely agree that a grammar book is crucial if you want to learn French and reach some form of fluency, a further supplement I recommend is french.about.com I head there whenever I need further clarification about some specific grammar topic. For example I was learning about Direct Objects, and so I just looked it up and found http://french.about.com/od/grammar/a/directobjects.htm , which explains it all. Another helpful page is http://french.about.com/od/grammar/a/avoiretrefaire.htm So basically, they have an abundance of really helpful information. I'm yet to come across topics they fail to cater for. Highly recommended! :)

Posted by nmarom 7/9/12 (2 years ago)
  • Hi, I like duolingo; it's fun to do and helps you build your own sentences.

duolingo.com/

Posted by vickiem30 7/18/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thanks Vickiem30 will check that one out....anything online seems to work better for me...!

Posted by Cookewitch 7/19/12 (2 years ago)
  • duolingo is great for basic sentences, grammar, etc.

a grammar book would help too.

Posted by helenxwho 7/21/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thanks for sharing that link, vickiem30! Duolingo seems like a great supplement to Memrise :)

Posted by jacobras 7/23/12 (2 years ago)
  • My text from Uni was called "La Grammaire a L'ouvre" -- I'm not sure it would be a good resource for an absolute beginner, but for someone who has taken intermediate level courses, I can wholeheartedly recommend it. It had great charts in the back for conjugation of irregular verbs, including all the tenses. I think it's still in print.

Posted by art-mama 8/19/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity