What is a curator and may I become one for Breton?

Hello there!

I shall be adding more courses to Breton to make is more choc-a-block and to hopefully raise the profile of the language. I just wondered if you could explain to me what a curator is and if you think that this language could benefit from me being a curator. If so then I'd be pleased to help out.

Also- could you add the following letters onto the Breton courses? â, ê, î, ô, û, ù, ü, ñ

Trugarez and Thank you, Matt :-)

Posted by thefartydoctor 6/27/12, last update 7/10/12 (1 year ago)
  • Very good question! A curator is someone who can make edits directly to items in the wiki without them having to be accepted by another person. They can also accept or reject other people's suggested edits. So Yes, it would be brilliant to have you as a curator of the BReton wiki, and I have set you up as one - I hope that is ok!

I have also added those letters to the in browser keyboard.

Best wishes and please do let me know if I can do anything else to help,

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   6/28/12 (1 year ago)
  • Hi Ben! That's fantastic news and together we can hopefully raise the profile of the language worldwide because it certainly needs it!

Thanks for all your help, you've been extremely helpful! Matt

Posted by thefartydoctor 6/28/12 (1 year ago)
  • Hello Ben, sorry for the question now... but did you get my email for italian audio?

Posted by Celicity 6/28/12 (1 year ago)
  • A curator is someone who can make edits directly to items in the wiki without them having to be accepted by another person.

Bon courage là d'sus. Les droits d'accès sur certains fichiers sont complètement foiré et les corrections ne sont pas possible directement. Elles sont dirigées vers le Patrol system qui lui non plus ne marche pas pour l'instant.

Posted by sfrenchie 6/28/12 (1 year ago)
  • @celicity, yes, I did get it, I will reply ASAP, apologies for being slow!

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   6/29/12 (1 year ago)
  • I would also be interested in becoming a curator,is there some sort of page of guidelines, for the process, directions. I have been studying spanish for over a year intently and definitely have at least some ideas as to what could help an english speaker understand some concepts that i have learned. Gracias y me encanta memrise.

Posted by _deleted_130126_1459_44 7/3/12 (1 year ago)
  • @daniel76, I have now set you up as a curator for the Spanish, thank you! The main things to do as a curator are to make sure that entries are accurate and that they fit with the conventions of the wiki (http://www.memrise.com/topic/spanish/conventions/)

The "Patrol" where curators can check the whole wiki to see all the changes that have been suggested, and review them to accept or reject them is currently not working in Spanish. This is at the very top of our priority list to fix right away. Once it is working, that will let you quickly see everything that has been suggested as an edit. Until then, you can still make the edits yourself.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   7/3/12 (1 year ago)
  • I was wondering if I could be made a curator for Thai, Ben? I'm not sure if there is even anyone checking Thai, as no suggested changes seem to be happening..

Posted by amyhere 7/3/12 (1 year ago)
  • @amysanson, I have set you up as a curator for the Thai topic - please let me know if you have any questions at all!

Best wishes Ben

• While we're at it, can I put my hand up for being a French curator? I'd really like to help tidy things up a bit: add some la/le/les, audios, etc.

Cheers

Posted by nmarom 7/3/12 (1 year ago)
  • @nmarom, done, thanks!

• Hey Ben, I'm having troubles accessing the 'unapplied suggestions'. I don't know if this is a problem only I'm having, or whether all French curators are experiencing this. When attempting to Patrol Suggestions, I receive a "unfortunately, there was a problem...." message. Thanks for all your help.

Posted by nmarom 7/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • @nmarom, I'm afraid that this is a general bug. We are working on it now, and will hopefully have it sorted out soon. Apologies for the annoyance, Best wishes Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   7/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • No worries. Cheers

Posted by nmarom 7/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • Hi Ben, Can I also put myself forward as a French curator?

Posted by Rebecca. 7/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • @Rebecca. I have now set you up as a curator, thanks very much!

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   7/5/12 (1 year ago)
  • Hello, Could I ask for the position as Italian curator? I seem to find a lot of gaps and inconsistencies with the conventions, and nobody seems to review the changes I post.

Posted by Septemptus 7/8/12 (1 year ago)
  • @Septemptus, I have now added you as a curator, thank you very much for getting involved! Please let me know if you have any questions at all,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   7/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • Dear Ben, I have started courses for the Tweants language. Could you appoint me as a Curator, please, so that I can start improving the learning experience? Kind regards,

Woolters

Posted by woolters 7/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • @woolters, yes, certainly! I have set you up as a curators, and I have also made the Tweants topic show up on the "topics" page so that it can be searched for more easily. Is there a flag that we can use to represent the language? If you could email me an image of it then I will get that added to it!

Thanks and best wishes,

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   7/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • Could I become a Dutch curator? I'd like to add audio samples to some of the courses (native speaker).

Thanks!

Posted by phantomdodo 7/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • Could I be set up as a curator for all Japanese, especially Japanese - Kanji readings? There are a lot of words missing the parts of speech. Also, is there a way to clean up the duplicates? (I've lived in Japan and used it for business.)

Thank you.

Posted by Kentd2099 7/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • @phantomdodo and Kentd2009, I have added you both as curators of your topics, thank you!

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   7/10/12 (1 year ago)
  • Dear Ben, I have been taking Modern Greek courses as, although I am a speaker myself, my vocab is limited as I was born and have grown up in England. I have uploaded my own course with the help of a GCSE vocab list and dictionary and I am currently learning some other courses, although I have found some mistakes/inaccuracies, the corrections of which I have submitted over the past weeks, but the corrections have not come into effect. Could I possibly become a curator so I can help the Modern Greek wiki become as accurate as possible as soon as possible? Many thanks.

Posted by matt2201 7/10/12 (1 year ago)