How to avoid confusing multiple choice options?

I just got tested on 不过. The multiple choice options included 'but' and 'however', both of which ought to be acceptable answers, but I got marked wrong when I picked 'but'. (不过 has 'however' as its main meaning and 'but' as an alternative).

I can't recall this happening before, so it's obviously not a major problem, but maybe there's some way memrise can check alternative meanings before offering them as multiple choice answers, in order to avoid this.

Posted by Azimuth 6/26/12, last update 6/28/12 (1 year ago)
  • Seems like a glitch. Normalyl you can give any valid definition for a character...

I get the same thing with gan1 and gan4 during the pinyin tests. They are the same character, but sometimes I get marked "almost correct" for not guessing which tone I should be using. I suppose I should look to see what part of speech it is, but it's still quite annoying.

Posted by Big_Kahuna 6/28/12 (1 year ago)
  • I think the MC questions are being handled differently (looking only at the primary definition). With the text-input style test - it's obvious that the system is comparing the user-input string to the definition and the alternatives associated with the characters.

Posted by jenniferhunter 6/28/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity