Langenscheidt basic vocab course AWOL ??

Hi,

I was learning using this course up until today, it has now disappeared.

What happened ? regards Simon

Posted by Marcop4ever 6/20/12, last update 6/21/12 (1 year ago)
  • Me too! From my garden disappeared two German courses with "Langenscheidt" in their names.

Posted by karolina.frydrych2 6/20/12 (1 year ago)
  • Hi, apologies for this - @karolina.frydych, I did send an email to your registered email address regarding the course that you created - did you not get that?

The problem here was that Langenscheidt got in touch with me and asked that I remove the list because they felt that it was an infringement of their copyright. Most publishers tend to feel that having good wordsets on Memrise is something that will encourage people to buy their books; however that is generally for textbooks where the content is wider than just the list of words. In the case of one of these lists it seems that the book is a curated list of vocab, and so they felt that people who had access to the word list would be unlikely to buy the book, and therefore that its presence on Memrise was likely to harm their business.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience, please do get in touch with me directly at ben@memrise.com if you would like to discuss this further.

I will also be talking to Langenscheidt later in the week to see if we can work out a way to bring their content back to the site. So if you have any thoughts on how we might do that, please do let me know!

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   6/20/12 (1 year ago)
  • Yeah, I actually own this book. The book in itself is very useful.

I would actually recommend the Langenscheidt Vokabeltrainer. It comes with a copy of the course loaded into it. It's like an advanced version of Anki. I used it to work through the course. It's surprisingly cheap (only about 19 euros) and very helpful. It comes in all kinds of languages. My only problem is it's not very portable. So make what you want of it!

Posted by tamcgath 6/21/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity