Words missing one or more parents

I've run into this more and more. For example: http://www.memrise.com/item/14087/she-2/?set=

Shouldn't the parents/words it depends on be both be woman and also? Yet woman is the only one listed as a parent.

Having the correct parents is very useful in coming up with an interesting mem. I would've added the parent to this entry, but I apparently cannot edit that.

Posted by Big_Kahuna 6/17/12, last update 7/29/12 (2 years ago)
  • I've noticed this too. Some characters have everything listed in the parents field whereas others have only a partial list. Most of the time, some clever person (far more clever than I am) notes it in the mems thankfully.

Posted by jenniferhunter 6/17/12 (2 years ago)
  • I recommend starting a discussion on the word page itself. benwhately usually scans through and makes changes and/or comments on the situation. While I can modify a word and even change critical elements such as the character itself, I cannot modify that value. Memrise is still in active development, so its possible that the feature to modify that value is not yet implemented. The fact that a parent connects a word to other words, may make it more complicated to modify after the initial creation.

Posted by carl_a 6/17/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thanks for the suggestion, carl.

Posted by Big_Kahuna 6/17/12 (2 years ago)
  • Since the wiki redesign, curators can no longer edit parents/dependents/confusables. Hopefully this'll be fixed soon.

Posted by Azimuth 6/20/12 (2 years ago)
  • i just ran into that problem with ying3 shadow - where is the child that it's dependant on? the line? what about the 3 shape?

Posted by Vino 7/29/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity