A simple GreaseMonkey script to water all wilting plants

I was getting annoyed at having to separately water each wordlist within a topic so a while after posting a feature request at http://www.memrise.com/thread/775391/ I decided to see if I could do it myself.

The result of that was my first attempt at a GreaseMonkey script: http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/136296

Someone in that feature request thread suggested that I share the results here. The only virtue of my script is that it works - the code isn't particularly elegant - it's just a quick hack.

Posted by Dave114 6/17/12, last update 11/16/12 (2 years ago)
  • Hi, the script don't seem to work any more for me. Maybe the introduction of v1 have something to say...

Can you look into this? Your script is main feature that made memrise useful and easy for me. Thanks.

Posted by StellaV 11/11/12 (2 years ago)
  • Glad that I've been able to help make your MemRise experience better.

Yup. V1.0 is the problem - and one of the reasons why it's looking more and more probable that I'll be leaving the site in the near future. Which is really annoying because I've got close to 3000 flowers planted across 17 courses and that's something that it seems impossible to readily duplicate on another site. I more or less stopped planting flowers once I heard about the changes that were being made... and I'm kind of glad that I did given that it seems to have made something like the script above more difficult to work with.

I'm still at a loss as to why they haven't integrated something as basic as watering wilting flowers in multiple courses - and it seems as though I'll have to wait until the learning history transfers over to try to look for ways to accomplish the same there.

Anyways, I quickly updated the script on userscripts, though Google Chrome at least has tightened up security, complicating the installation process.

Chrome: You need to find your way into the extensions page somewhere in the Google Chrome menus - I deleted the old version of the script first but that may not be necessary. Then in Chrome you need to click install, have it say something to the effect that only approved programs can now be installed in Chrome, and then drag the downloaded file into the extensions window.

Firefox: If you're not going to worry about deleting the old version first, you can probably just click install in firefox.

Posted by Dave114 11/11/12 (2 years ago)
  • ^^ Thank you!

Posted by StellaV 11/13/12 (2 years ago)
  • ^^SCRUB

Posted by POOTIS 11/16/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thank you! Started using it instead of broken Chrome extension.

Posted by Pros 11/16/12 (2 years ago)