Grammatical cases of the words

I noticed, that some Finnish words are not in nominative form in the dictionary.

In some courses it makes sense, e.g. Haluaisin... (I'd like to have) kahvia (coffee) maitoa (milk)

However, does this mess up the wiki - and cause confusion, should the words be in nominative form? Should the accusative (etc.) form be rather added to "special properties" or some other section?

Posted by samhy 6/16/12, last update 6/19/12 (1 year ago)
  • That's what I'm trying to correct in my own lists. However it's a lot of work as I'm trying to follow the content convention. I'm still not sure if I'm suppose to put "noun" in part of speech or "conjugated" though.

Posted by mekere 6/19/12 (1 year ago)
  • I think for learning words it's best to have the basic form of the words. If there are longer phrases, then words should be put to a form which follows the content.

This way it is maybe not so easy to learn new phrases, but probably there are some users who want to study the words, and then use grammar to form the phrases.

So having basic forms of the words is maybe better in longer term, even if in short time it can slow down the ability to speak/write.

Posted by samhy 6/19/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity