an "i'm not sure" button

here's my idea. when watering/harvesting, sometimes you're presented with a character that you can't quite remember. at this point you could either give up (and select nothing) or go with your gut-feeling. sometimes your guess will be wrong, but other times it will be correct. those times when you've guess correctly, the programme instantly moves onto the next character, giving you no chance to look at the memes. it would be useful to be able to have the option of selecting an 'i'm not sure', or 'guess' button that would show you the memes etc regardless of whether you got it right or wrong.

Posted by joerothuk 6/4/12, last update 6/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • I think they don't want to make the site more complicated, even though this info could be useful. I think people should always guess because it may help you actually learn the word when you happen to get it right. The experience of guessing right might just lock that into place for you.

However, if there was a way to tell the system it was a guess, that would perhaps tell it that you want to review it more. That could be cool. Some ideas, if they wanted to do this:

Buttons could have a small square within them that, if used, means it was a guess. e.g. ( 朋友   [] )

Ctrl+Enter to send a guess.

A "I'm guessing" checkbox?

Looking at how quickly you answer (very slow answer is scored like you need more learning, very fast scored like you need less. Like how in Anki you can rate things as a 4, 3, 2, or 1).

Thoughts!?!?

Posted by ThatHorse 6/4/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity