Does memrise plan on allowing users to upload audio?

Just joined today and I'm really impressed by the site. I notice that the user created courses have many words but are missing audio, and it seems like you are unable to upload audio. To me this is almost a deal breaker as I find the audio is a huge part in reinforcing memory retention. Are there plans in the future to add this feature?

Posted by phea 6/1/12, last update 6/1/12 (1 year ago)
  • Thanks for getting in touch - all the audio on the site is user added - every topic on Memrise is a wiki of words and definitions, examples, mnemonics and audio recordings. At the moment we haven't developed in-browser recording tools for audio, and also haven't got the rating systems for audio recordings that we plan to add soon. For that reason we currently restrict uploading of individual audio files to topic curators.

However if you want to add audio to every word that is in a given course, then we have a pretty slick process for doing that - take a look at the instructions here http://www.memrise.com/faq/audio-uploading for more details. Your help would be hugely appreciated!

Best wishes and please let me know if you have any questions at all,

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   6/1/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity