How do I change the image for a course?

Added an image which displays fine on computers, but for whatever reason does not display when using an iPad. I'd love to try uploading a different format but can't figure out how do change the image. Help a brotha out!

Posted by snowcreature99 5/30/12, last update 6/20/12 (1 year ago)
  • I would also like to change the image and edit title and/or description for a set I am creating. How do I do that please?

Posted by 3handles 6/10/12 (1 year ago)
  • Ok so I eventually figured it out.

Only found it completely by accident.

Go to your gardens, select the set, and go to edit contents. The edit title and/or description has nothing to do with changing the images. Instead click the big button to edit content - which lets you add and delete words.

When the course is in edit mode (when you're able to add/delete words) you will notice that the course image in the upper left becomes live. Click on it and you'll get a dialog to upload an image.

Hope this helps!

It would be much more intuitive to me if the image became changeable when editing the title of the course instead.

Posted by snowcreature99 6/10/12 (1 year ago)
  • Thanks snowcreature but the image does not become live for me when the word set is in edit mode. And I have not found any way to edit the title or description. Where can I access those edit options please? I am using Memrise on iPhone. But note I am using the website. Which seems far better than the iPhone app.

Posted by 3handles 6/11/12 (1 year ago)
  • @3handles:

Behaviour is often different on iPad and iPhone (and presumably other touchscreen devices). For example you cannot (or at least could not) edit a mem on iPad. I've just created a course for the first time (private, and without an image) so will see if I can follow snowcreature's instructions when next on iPad

Posted by revans 6/20/12 (1 year ago)
  • @3handles:

No, this is one of the things that doesn't work on iPad or iPhone. On the PC, if you follow snowcreature99's excellent instructions, yes, it is possible to click on the existing image (or the default 'W') and then a browse window appears allowing you to select an image file.

But on the iPad (and therefore on the iPhone as well) tapping on the existing image does nothing.

I think this is because the iPad and iPhone don't have an explicit filestore, so Safari doesn't implement the browsing interface for uploads. But I would be delighted if someone could tell me this is wrong and show us how to do it!

Posted by revans 6/20/12 (1 year ago)