Shut off cases in Polish

I am being tested maybe 80% or more just on the genitive case, yet I have no idea what that even means or how to use them. When I started on memrise, the genitive case testing didn't even exist. I'm tired of it and I want to turn it off completely at this point. I'm using another method to actually learn to speak the language and cases haven't even been hinted at yet. Until I at least have some clue how to use them, I don't care to be tested on them.

Even when I get them right, I'm tested on both the nominative and the genitive repeatedly. I won't even finish the word list I'm in because I have 200 words waiting for me every day already.

Posted by banai 5/29/12, last update 5/29/12 (2 years ago)
  • You can turn of the genitive case testing by going to the menu at the top of the screen and clicking "ignore genitive" (it might say "ignore pronunciation", if it does then let me know and I will get that fixed). Then you will not be tested on it any more.

I hope that helps, please let me know if I can do anything else to make things work better for you,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/29/12 (2 years ago)
  • Oh, that makes a difference. I might have seen that before, but I think I assumed it would only stop testing on the one word. Thank you.

It did test me on one genitive after the nominative showed, but I can deal with a few. It was just getting ridiculous testing me so much more on genitive than nominative.

Posted by banai 5/29/12 (2 years ago)
  • Great, very glad to hear that that has helped - it shouldn't test you on the genitive at all now, although it might have done it for the remainder of that session, it shouldn't do so any more, so please let me know if it does and I will get it fixed.

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/29/12 (2 years ago)