Adding Pinyin to word lists

Hey, there are a couple of smaller word lists that are really excellent, but they don't always have the pinyin attached (fish, fruits, sauces and vegetables is the one I am working on now). I love the list, but, as it is, I can't test on the pronunciation. I noticed that you now have a handy pinyin 'edit' function when you go to a character's homepage. Working with a couple dictionaries, I started adding the pinyin in on the missing ones, but it did not save. Was the 'edit' function not supposed to be available or is it not completely up and running yet? ;) If it is not supposed to be available, could someone with access please finish off the list? .... I really like that one

Posted by broknrising 5/28/12, last update 5/28/12 (1 year ago)
  • Every topic on Memrise is a wiki of words and definitions. Every list should use the same words from the wiki, and there should be no duplicates. All these words should have pinyin. So it sounds like the lists that you are looking at have not yet been merged into the wiki. If you leave a comment on them, then I will get that done right away.

In general, the way that the editing works is that you make the edit, and that change is then suggested to the moderators, who can then check it before it goes live.

Thanks and best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/28/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity