Parents and dependents editable for everyone?

I find looking at the roots of a word to be really useful (to look at a word and use the dependents to find words you might understand / the words it is based on are often helpful for memory / it's good navigation to similar words), but unfortunately most of the European languages don't use this feature actively. I've done a lot to add these connections in German and I'm able to because I'm a moderator. I would to contribute to French but I'm not a curator there. Could parents and dependents be added as fields available for editing? I LOVE the new database but these fields are absent for an unknown reason. I just went through my first patrol in German and it was really great, I think this will add a lot to the site. Thanks guys!

Posted by Robodl95 5/22/12, last update 5/22/12 (2 years ago)
  • Another minor qualm, the new question bubble is a sickening shade of green. Could it please be changed back?

Posted by Robodl95 5/22/12 (2 years ago)
  • Great point - I will check that out right away. I think that you certainly should be able to add parents really soon in any language; they will then be reviewed by curators of that topic before going live. I will check out what the roadmap for that is,

Thanks

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/22/12 (2 years ago)