Show what you typed, when you are wrong

Sometimes I get an answer wrong, but the correct answer is what I thought I typed. Usually this happens because of an input method error that I don't realise I'm making. For example, konnichiha will give こんいちは, when what is required is konnnichiha こんにちは. By showing the given answer on the correct answer screen it will help to solidify better behaviour.

Posted by Jem 5/17/12, last update 7/12/12 (1 year ago)
  • I'd like that too. Even so main cause of my typos is the same: nna becomes んあ instead of んな.

Posted by Winner 5/18/12 (1 year ago)
  • We were told about two months ago that there was going to be an option to compare what we entered with what was expected... is there any progress on this front?

Posted by kalogrenant 6/27/12 (1 year ago)
  • Is it on a todo list?

Posted by revans 7/3/12 (1 year ago)
  • This is something that we are very keen to do, but to do it in a way that doesn't slow down the learning session is difficult. We are working on it, but it will still take a little while to get onto the site. The first priority is still making the loading times faster.

So yes, it is on the "to do" list, but not quite at the top of it.

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   7/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • Thanks, Ben. Don't think it's the most urgent requirement, but good to know that it's on the list.

Posted by revans 7/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • +1

Posted by Pilar_Pereira 7/5/12 (1 year ago)
  • Definitely a plus to have.

Posted by wombat317 7/6/12 (1 year ago)
  • I would also like this.

Posted by standgale 7/7/12 (1 year ago)
  • +1

Posted by pd444 7/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • +1

Posted by ponchoosh 7/11/12 (1 year ago)
  • +1

Posted by Jill348 7/12/12 (1 year ago)
  • +1. In addition, it would be nice if the incorrect answer was compared to words that have been learned to see if what was typed was another word. Then show the correct answer and the meaning of the incorrect answer. I'm constantly getting phrases confused in exito de venta but I can't easily compare the correct answer to what I thought was correct. This would allow easier recognition of confusable words/phrases that can be marked for later.

Posted by aitchdubya 7/12/12 (1 year ago)
  • Yes, this feature already exists for a number of Mandarin words and I find it extremely helpful.

Posted by jansje 7/12/12 (1 year ago)