Japanese course for Italians

Good afternoon! I would like to create a Japanese course for Italians. You can courtesy open the topic?

Posted by JonathanArcher 5/7/12, last update 5/13/12 (2 years ago)
  • Can anyone help me out? I should write my notes :(

Posted by JonathanArcher 5/9/12 (2 years ago)
  • I have now set this up for you - please let me know what the correct topic name should be (in Italian) and also the labels for the fields (Japanese, Kanji and Italian).

THanks!

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/10/12 (2 years ago)
  • Very kind! So, honestly I have not even thought about the name, maybe "Termini usati comunemente" (Terms commonly used) or something similar. Besides, my intent is only to pin the words that I see used, and then learn them well. Do you have any tips? Then, with "Labels" you mean the description?

Posted by JonathanArcher 5/10/12 (2 years ago)
  • Sorry not to be clear - What I mean by the Topic name is really just what is the Italian word for "Japanese"? For the "labels", I mean what is the Italian for Japanese, Italian and Kanji (is Kanji just the same word?)?

Thanks

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/11/12 (2 years ago)
  • Hello, Ben.

So, if I have not misunderstood, you want that I write here the words that I want for my course? With Italian words and their translations (Kanjis & Kanas)? Excuse the delay in replying to your message and apologized for being slow on the uptake.

Thanks,

Mario

Posted by JonathanArcher 5/12/12 (2 years ago)
  • Sorry for not being clearer! OI literally just want the Italian words for "Japanese", "Italian" and "Kanji" - that way I can label the fields on that topic and the topic itself in Italian rather than English; it would just make a bit more sense I think, wouldn't it?

Thanks!

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/12/12 (2 years ago)
  • Ah! I understood something else entirely! So it's a simple translation (as I hope I have understood XD):

"Japanese" = "Giapponese" / "Kana" "Kanji/s" = "Kanji" (As in this case, foreign words are written the same both in the singular or plural) "Italian" = "Italiano"

In fact, "Japanese" does not seem very fair. Let me explain, "Japanese" refers to the language, but words can I write you in four ways: Kanji, Hiragana, Katakana, Roumaji.

"The cold" (when I'm ill) you can write "風邪 (Kaze)", but you can write "かぜ (Kaze)" and "カゼ (Kaze)". The word is Japanese but has a foreign origin "Casein" (from the Russian, if I remember correctly).

"風邪" This is the Kanji. "かぜ / カゼ" these are the Kana, those that are called "Japanese" on Memrise.

For anything else, please ask.

Thanks Ben!

Posted by JonathanArcher 5/13/12 (2 years ago)
  • Great, thanks for those - good point on the "Kana" - I have set that topic to just "Kana", which is what it is on the Japanese - English topic as well. Thanks!

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/13/12 (2 years ago)