Accents - low priority suggestion

Eventually it would be cool if we could opt in to have the program insist on the correct use of diacritics.

I understand why it's important that by default they are optional, some people can't type them, some people are just learning for fun and don't want to have to worry about spelling too much. But I'm studying for a C1 advanced exam and if I don't put in an accent I'll be heavily penalized in the writing section, on top of that if I don't put in an accent it's because I'm pronouncing the word wrong (if I had the pronunciation clear in my head the accent would be second nature).

As is, if I put the tilde in the wrong place the program still accepts the answer as correct, and I go along happily on my way thinking I've learned the word when I haven't.

I'm putting this on the forum to see if anyone else feels the same, or if I'm álóné íñ wórryíng ábóút díácrítícs. ;)

Posted by RabbitWho 5/3/12, last update 5/4/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thank you for this suggestion - it is very much in the plans when we get the user settings up and running. It is on the way, but will be a few more weeks yet I think. Please keep the suggestions coming!

best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/4/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity