No Pinyin Questions on my Linux machine?

Not sure if this related to my machine or not when I'm using my windows machine and Firefox at work I get the pinyin questions on ones in my garden and also when harvesting.

But using my linux machine and Firefox it never happens and I haven't got the skip pinyin on any ideas ?

Posted by cdstg 5/3/12, last update 5/11/12 (1 year ago)
  • Thank you very much for this bug report, I will look into it for you at once. Could you possibly give me a few more details on the exact version of Linux that you are using? That will help to track the problem down,

Thanks and best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/3/12 (1 year ago)
  • I'm not sure if I'm in the same boat. I've never seen a pinyin question (only been here since Saturday though). I use google chrome (latest stable version) on Ubuntu 12.04 and Mac OSX Lion. I thought I was missing selecting an option (which is why I was looking in the forum right now in the first place), but from the look of this question I should have seen a pinyin question at some point in the 350 or so characters I've gone through.

Not sure though, is this right?

Brian

Posted by wolfe 5/7/12 (1 year ago)
  • yes I m using firefox and ubuntu 1 I notice now I m getting the pinyin but not very often as I have about 200 words in the garden and it happens on about 3 words so maybe a setting

Posted by cdstg 5/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • I'm on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and use both Firefox and Chrome. I would actually say that the majority of mine are pinyin. I am a beginner, though, and only have about 300 characters from HSK I word set.

Posted by Genthree 5/9/12 (1 year ago)
  • Thank you all for these bug reports - I have checked and you are all set up to be tested on pinyin, so there is definitely something odd going on. I will get this checked out for you right away,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/10/12 (1 year ago)
  • Well, I started to get lots of pinyin today while I was watering. I don't know if it was fixed or just started working, but thanks for looking into it Ben.

Posted by wolfe 5/10/12 (1 year ago)
  • That is good to hear! Please do let me know at once if you run into any issues in future,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/11/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity