Pronunciation and Reading

I have only been at this three days now and I know that Memrise seperates the pronunciation and reading test, but do I have to tell it to give me the pronunciation tests or does it do it when I am supposed to get it?

I know you can ask it to give you a pronunciation test, but I mean for the words that I have been learning with the reading test, do I have to ask it to do the pronunciation for all of them?

Thanks for your time reading this ^^

Posted by EmersoninKorea 4/30/12, last update 5/1/12 (1 year ago)
  • Thanks for getting in touch - Memrise will automatically test you on the pronunciation of every characters or word that you learn. The tests on pronunciation will start once you have tested correctly on the meaning of a character a few times in a row.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/1/12 (1 year ago)
  • Oh! you write on here too!

In that case - I would like to give you my sincerest thanks for working through everything on this site concerning the Chinese vocabulary. I have only been at it for a few days reviewing words that I have unsuccessfully attempted to memorize before, and I love it. Absolutely amazing and already recommending it to my friends.

If I may ask one more - how do you suggest specifically going about using the program? Like, when learning new words, how should one go about it?

Not the number of new words or how many hours a day, but should a person immediately review all the new words until they are ready to be harvested? Should a person learn new words and only review the new ones once a day?

I guess I am asking how the program is meant to be used exactly.

Thanks so very much,

Emerson

Posted by EmersoninKorea 5/1/12 (1 year ago)
  • Thank you for that!

Yes, I would generally review the new words a few times until they are fully "sprouted", and then wait for the harvest. The ideal is to learn and review a little and often - if you harvest exactly when they come ready for harvest after 4 hours, that is about optimum.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/1/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity