upload kind of useless

Out of 270 kanji words, 35 were "grabbed" can't you use normal language btw, e.g. "match"? 34 were not found, and 201 were ignored as ambiguous and I'm told to pick which ones I want. First, how? I see no ability to do this. Second, these aren't particularly ambiguous, there are just too many entries for the same word.

Posted by nihongogo 4/22/12, last update 5/1/12 (2 years ago)
  • For "the slightly longer but even more flexible and powerful way" I'm told to check the "conventions" in the FAQ of the language I am uploading. Where?

Posted by nihongogo 4/22/12 (2 years ago)
  • So I upload a bunch of words and a lot are now missing the kana because they've been matched ("grabbed") to someone else's entries, and I can't edit them ("critical error!"), and it's virtually impossible to now remove them: I have to "edit contents", then scroll a tiny box, which I can't reorder in any way, to find the particular entry I want to remove, and I'm not evey sure about because I only see the kanji and english, and I want to remove the useless ones that are missing the kana!

way to go for unusability

Posted by nihongogo 4/22/12 (2 years ago)
  • Apologies for this - we have a new version which will go live in the next few days, but you can try it out now by going to the edit page and adding "new" to the end of the url. This should solve a lot of the issues that you had.

You can see the FAQ for the Japanese topic either by going to the main Japanese topic page, or the Japanese Kanji topic page, and clicking on the "FAQ" tab on the right hand side. Again, in the new version once it is finished, the conventions will be made much clearer .

Apologies for the irritation, and please do get in touch with any more questions,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   4/22/12 (2 years ago)
  • I tried to use the new add word tool, but there is 8 versions of 了, 5 versions of 子, etc... I guess the Japanese Kanji topic really needs some moderation! Maybe if Ben were to make me a moderator I would be convinced to do it... lol. :)

Posted by cacoethes 4/29/12 (2 years ago)
  • You are absolutely right - the new tool does highlight the number of duplicates, and they do need to be merged. So you r help woud be hugely appreciated! Here is the into video - http://vzaar.com/videos/895052 and please let me know if you have any questions,

Thanks!

Ben

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   4/29/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thanks Ben, that was super fast. ___

I tried it out on a few words, and I do have one question. When do you think is a good time to reject words? For example, http://www.memrise.com/item/902038/ from http://www.memrise.com/set/10010483/2nd-year-kanji-list/

It seems like the creator just uploaded the spreadsheet and then never touched it again. My first thought was to merge it into the approved card and then delete the "english" definition from the alternatives. That way the 2nd Year Kanji List would be usable. Then I realized maybe I am supposed to reject it and leave it be?

Posted by cacoethes 4/29/12 (2 years ago)
  • The reject button actually should prbably be ignored in general. There are a very few specific uses for it now, but mostly its use has gone... it was a previous way of managing the wiki. We are now looking for everything to be merged or moved to a different topic. But mainly merged.

Hope that helps, sorry not to have made that clearer earlier,

Thanks

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/1/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity