Accuracy

Hey, I'm new here and I just wondered what safeguards there are to make sure all the words on the different courses are accurate, or is it better to just make your own. I don't want to learn a lot of incorrect words.

Posted by Lilliput54 4/8/12, last update 4/26/12 (2 years ago)
  • All the topics on Memrise run of a single central wiki. There are volunteer curators and moderators who check through all of the content, and every user can flag words by adding comments if they suspect that an error has been made. In this way everyone's efforts to improve their own course go towards making the wikis ever more reliable and accurate. We are about to release a new wiki infrastructure that will make this process even more robust.

If you make your own course, then it will also draw from this central wiki, or if you add new items, then they will be checked, if they are duplicates of items that are already in the wiki then they will be merged, and if not then they will become part of the wiki so that other people can use them in their lists. Does that make sense?

Please let me know if you have any other questions,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   4/9/12 (2 years ago)
  • so the wiki is like a centralised dictionary? I think that makes sense. Thanks so much!

Posted by Lilliput54 4/9/12 (2 years ago)
  • That is exactly right. Thanks!

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   4/10/12 (2 years ago)
  • How does one volunteer to be a curator? I've noticed some (substantial) errors on some of the courses I'm going through, and would love to help clean up the mistakes.

Posted by tjcinmaryland 4/26/12 (2 years ago)
  • @tjcinmaryland, I have added you as a curator, thank you very much for your help! We don't yet have a set of conventions for Hebrew, so it might be worth taking a look through the conventions template here - www.memrise.com/conventions - to get an idea of how wiki guidelines get set up on Memrise and how the Memrise infrastructure can best be used. PLease let me know if you have any questions.

Also, when you make an edit it would be great if you could leave a note so that other people can keep track of the changes that are being made.

Thanks!

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   4/26/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity