When we want to create a mem during the test session

I noticed that iI had ideas of mems while doing thes tests ; when I'm wrong, the good answer displays, i would like to create a mem in this moment cause i'm afraid to lose the idea but sometimes there is no possibility of activate a new mem on the board ; we have to begin a long procedure : for example, I wanted to create mem for the word "dao", I had to go to look for ben's word list, find the word in english, go to the specification shit of the word and create the mem. Is there a function which would permit go directly to the word like in some good answers where it's possible on the moment ? I met another difficulty, I wanted to correct my mem about "dao" cause mems from others mempals in the list helped me to understand better all the details of this word. But I was unable to find the way to correct my mem on the collective memboard, there is no possibility to activate the correction. Perhaps I don't use already the functionalities well and it exists. But if not, is it possible to have this funcion which will permit ot go faster in the production-correction of a mem, when we meet it during the test. thank you (sorry for my frenchie english)

Posted by pinto 4/7/12, last update 4/10/12 (2 years ago)
  • sorry I wanted to write "specification sheet", :-))

Posted by pinto 4/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thanks very much for reporting this. You should definitely be able to create a new mem when you are presented with the correct answer after making a mistake - do you not see the "+" sign there? I will check that out at once.

Another way to get directly to the "word detail" page where you can add a mem or check out all the details of that word is by clicking on "edit" from the menu in the bar at the top of the screen - that should save you the work around of searching through the wordlists etc.

PLease let me know if I can be of any more help on that,

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   4/8/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thank you for your answer. Effectively, I went on "edit" to see the word detail. As I speak french, I thought the word "edit" meant like in french, "to publish" (that is to say to impress)! so it's a "false friend". Yes, I use the "+" to create a mem during the testing session. But finally the true problem, I meet is as follows : I do "edit", I create a mem but it's impossible to correct it ; I meet the same problem on my personal mem list when I want to add something or correct my mem ; it seems to me that there's no way to correct . So I notice that we can do our corrections only during the learning session when we learn a new word and add a mem.

Have a fine week

Posted by pinto 4/9/12 (2 years ago)
  • @pinto, you should be able to edit mems on the word detail page as well. It is possible that there is an issue with the auto refreshing. If you refresh the page, can you edit it then?

Best wishes

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   4/10/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity