accent

It would be nice if the words were accentued ... as it's a fondamental feature of the language.

Posted by Ericounet 3/22/12, last update 5/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • You can do it in your own lists by entering мАма, машИна, etc.

Posted by Xarienne 4/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • Hi,

there is no way to know how to pronouce a Russian word if you don't know where the accent is. If I know where the accent is, it's that I already know that word, so no need to learn it.

Either you put the accent on the word, or an audio of this word.

The way to put an accent (stress) on a word is :

дома́

it's the official way to do it.

Best regards

Eric

It would be useful if you want people use this site (for Russian).

Posted by Ericounet 4/30/12 (2 years ago)
  • There has been a bit of discussion about this - some people feel that always reading the words with the accents is misleading because Russian people never write them like that, so learning them that way is pointless... as long as you have the audio to listen to. We are getting more audio all the time and should soon have a pretty comprehensive coverage.

The other plan is to put the Russian with no accents as the main "word" and then to have the version with accents in the "pronunciation" field. That way your wouldn't be tested from the accented version, but you would see it pop up after you answer the question. How does that sound?

Best wishes and thanks for the feedback!

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/1/12 (2 years ago)
  • oh, that pop up is the pronunciation thing.....well, I think that is the best solution here. Is it possible to include it in the show part of the seeding?

Posted by Zverka 5/5/12 (2 years ago)
  • Yes, that would also be seen when you were learning the word. Shall we add that in to the "conventions" then?

Thanks! Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • That would be great.

Posted by Zverka 5/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • Very great ;)

and maybe, exercises with accent and without: as the "plants" grow, the accent can and has to "disappear" .

Best regards

ps: my wife can record words/phrases (in Russian) but we would like theses recordings to stay free as we do them for free. (same license as the others recording at http://oldshtooka.yojik.eu/ : Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Etats-Unis)

Posted by Ericounet 5/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • added, thanks!

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/7/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity