Fixing errors

How can one fix errors on the courses? I have just given up a great course because of the excessive numbers of spelling errors.

Posted by memrise_ 2/24/12, last update 9/4/12 (1 year ago)
  • I agree, one should be able to point out cards to be corrected (meaning, stress, spelling)

Posted by smartCH 3/6/12 (2 years ago)
  • Memrise is a wiki, so we rely on users to keep improving the content. We are just building a much richer and more robust infrastructure to help with this, but in the meantime you can leave a comment on any item that you think needs to be edited and a course curator will look at it ASAP. Alternatively you can become a course curator yourself, which will allow you to edit any mistakes that you find. This would be massively appreciated! You don't need to be an expert to be a curator; just keen to improve the content, and happy to make a bit of effort to check entries if you are unsure.Please let me know if you would like to get involved, and which topic it is that you are learningBest wishesBen

Posted by BenWhately Staff   3/7/12 (2 years ago)
  • Hi Ben, I would not mind to become a curator on Russian. Although not being a native speaker, I could fix words not conforming to the conventions.

Bytheway, I found that many many audio files not assigned to the correct words and that russian and english words are mixed up in the dictionary. Is this just an interface bug or wrong entries ? (just search with cyrillic letters in the 'English' search box...)

Cheers, Markus

Posted by smartCH 5/2/12 (2 years ago)
  • Great, I have now set you up as a curator. Please let me know if you have any questions.

There are problems with a lot of audio files on the russian - if you could leave comments on them all then I will get them all fixed eventually. This is going to be much easier under our new system, but at the moment it is quite fiddly to fix. Apologies for that.

It sounds like someone has been putting lists in the wrong way around - if you could point me towards any items that have the words in the wrong fields, then I will get them sorted out.

Thanks!

Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   5/3/12 (2 years ago)
  • Hi there, I am the native speaker with A+ for Russian course in school =) You can ask me if you have any questions. I'm already the curator for english-for-russians topic, but I would also like to take active part here, if you don't mind...

Posted by Zverka 5/5/12 (2 years ago)
  • I get incorrect kyrillic spelling for most russian words in nearly all courses. Could anyone tell me how i could fix this problem?? Thanks!

Posted by elsimba 8/24/12 (1 year ago)
  • please contact me via skype: coraclaire so we could fix that. thank you

Posted by Zverka 9/4/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity