studying different courses at once

Hi, I love memrise and have, like everyone else, already improved my Chinese a lot which is great since I am going to study for real soon. A great confidence booster! I was wondering though, I started the mandarin survival study and HSK 1, and afterwards noticed that memrise also had courses made from the books my Uni uses. Now, I would like to combine them, that is, study both the vocab in the Uni books and the mandarin survival (as I would like to have a sturdier base and the first two courses are really well set up!), but I was wondering if memrise automatically eliminates double words/characters from my gardens? So, if I have already planted and harvested i.e. 你好 in one garden, will I have to learn the same words again in another?

Posted by memrise_ 2/20/12, last update 2/23/12 (2 years ago)
  • no - you don't learn those words again.   They will already be in your long term gardenfor the new course.

Posted by jenniferhunter 2/23/12 (2 years ago)
  • no - you don't learn those words again.   They will already be in your long term gardenfor the new course.

Posted by jenniferhunter 2/23/12 (2 years ago)
  • Is this always true? I completed mandarin survival with characters such as 厂 coming up very early and fully learnt. However, when started the restaurant course, it would appear again as not learnt. I suppose (unfortunately) it is possible there are duplicate entries of the same words in the main database. 

Posted by grutt 2/23/12 (2 years ago)
  • Is this always true? I completed mandarin survival with characters such as 厂 coming up very early and fully learnt. However, when started the restaurant course, it would appear again as not learnt. I suppose (unfortunately) it is possible there are duplicate entries of the same words in the main database. 

Posted by grutt 2/23/12 (2 years ago)
  • good point - actually the restaurant course is an exception, and jacob.s does make a comment to the effect that he created duplicates of certain items to help total beginners - the idea was that this course could work as a total introduction. But in general there should be very few duplicates in the system and we are eliminating the remaining ones all the time.Hope that makes sense,Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   2/23/12 (2 years ago)
  • good point - actually the restaurant course is an exception, and jacob.s does make a comment to the effect that he created duplicates of certain items to help total beginners - the idea was that this course could work as a total introduction. But in general there should be very few duplicates in the system and we are eliminating the remaining ones all the time.Hope that makes sense,Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   2/23/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity