Audio levels inconsistent

Hi there,

I've noticed the volume of the German 1000 words audio is either very quiet or very loud, which I have to say is quite annoying. Not sure if there is a quick fix for this but it is perhaps something to bear in mind for future reference.

A part from that, great work memrisians!

Chris

Posted by memrise_ 2/3/12, last update 7/26/12 (2 years ago)
  • I agree with this. The sound level varies so much I have to turn down the way volume and I then can't hear many of the words - which is a shame as the audio is very useful. 

Posted by fuzzymeme 2/20/12 (2 years ago)
  • I agree with this. The sound level varies so much I have to turn down the way volume and I then can't hear many of the words - which is a shame as the audio is very useful. 

Posted by fuzzymeme 2/20/12 (2 years ago)
  • Die Frau ist viel LOUD :DThere are 3-4 speakers, all acceptable except the very loud lady with the rolling R. Please, lower her volume she's really annoying. I can't explain, but she's so loud I have moments of pure WRATH when I hear her :)

Posted by signaleleven 2/25/12 (2 years ago)
  • Die Frau ist viel LOUD :DThere are 3-4 speakers, all acceptable except the very loud lady with the rolling R. Please, lower her volume she's really annoying. I can't explain, but she's so loud I have moments of pure WRATH when I hear her :)

Posted by signaleleven 2/25/12 (2 years ago)
  • All the audio files need to be run through an automatic audio normalization script on the server of memrise so they all have a similar volume. See what I mean here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_normalization

Posted by SamirShaker 3/19/12 (2 years ago)
  • 4 months later, the problem still exists. O_O

Posted by Korgan 7/26/12 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity