Issues with some audio recordings

Hi, there are a few words that have issues with the audio.

die Bundesrepublik - one speaker says "die Bundesrepublik Deutschland" die Uhr - one speaker says "die Uhr... heute" (the audio from the next word is combined). leben - I think one of the speakers says "das leben". There should be no "das", right?

Thanks!

Posted by memrise_ 2/3/12, last update 2/4/12 (2 years ago)
  • OK my line breaks were removed, I hope you can understand it.

Posted by _deleted_130817_2046_39 2/3/12 (2 years ago)
  • OK my line breaks were removed, I hope you can understand it.

Posted by _deleted_130817_2046_39 2/3/12 (2 years ago)
  • I think the speakers have different accents - there's the woman (sounds very sure) who doesn't pronounce the 2nd 'e' in leben. One says lustig another says lustish (ish!). Is on Austrian and the other German? and have the other speakers got different accents too - I sometimes think they have?

Posted by pppstcn 2/3/12 (2 years ago)
  • I think the speakers have different accents - there's the woman (sounds very sure) who doesn't pronounce the 2nd 'e' in leben. One says lustig another says lustish (ish!). Is on Austrian and the other German? and have the other speakers got different accents too - I sometimes think they have?

Posted by pppstcn 2/3/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thanks for spotting this - if you can leave a comment on the words themselves then a topic curator can check on them at once and get it fixed if there is an issue. To leave a comment on a word, you can either click on "edit" from the menu at the top when you are in a learning session, or you can click on a word in the course or garden view. This will open up the "word" page, and you can then click on the "comments" section.I hope that helps, please keep the feedback coming!Best wishesBen

Posted by BenWhately Staff   2/3/12 (2 years ago)
  • Thanks for spotting this - if you can leave a comment on the words themselves then a topic curator can check on them at once and get it fixed if there is an issue. To leave a comment on a word, you can either click on "edit" from the menu at the top when you are in a learning session, or you can click on a word in the course or garden view. This will open up the "word" page, and you can then click on the "comments" section.I hope that helps, please keep the feedback coming!Best wishesBen

Posted by BenWhately Staff   2/3/12 (2 years ago)
  • OK thanks, you mentioned before to leave a comment on the word but I didn't know how. I'll do that now.

Posted by _deleted_130817_2046_39 2/4/12 (2 years ago)
  • OK thanks, you mentioned before to leave a comment on the word but I didn't know how. I'll do that now.

• I asked about something similar in the "German pronunciation" topic. There is one female speaker that has southern German or Austrian accent. If the pronunciation is actually wrong we can leave a comment the have someone look at it.

• I asked about something similar in the "German pronunciation" topic. There is one female speaker that has southern German or Austrian accent. If the pronunciation is actually wrong we can leave a comment the have someone look at it.

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity