get asked for the kanji

sometimes in the featured courses I see the english word and get asked for the kanji, but how shall I type it in? that makes no sense and my statistic gets destroyed :(

Posted by memrise_ 12/20/11, last update 12/22/11 (2 years ago)
  • The FAQ has a basic explanation of how to make this work. It is a bit complicated at first, but play around with it for a few days and it will make sense. Read the part that says "How do I type in Japanese?" http://www.memrise.com/faq/jap... Make sure to watch the screencast too because it is really helpful. http://screencast.com/t/BJQNnb...

Posted by cacoethes 12/21/11 (3 years ago)
  • thanks, totally oversaw that ... but I think it should be able to disable it. because sometimes I learn with my iPad and it's impossible to do this on it :(

Posted by gulden 12/21/11 (3 years ago)
  • thanks, totally oversaw that ... but I think it should be able to disable it. because sometimes I learn with my iPad and it's impossible to do this on it :(

Posted by gulden 12/21/11 (3 years ago)
  • It should be pretty quick to get this working on your ipad as well - I don't have one, but on my iphone you do it by going to "settings," "general," "keyboard" then "international keyboard", "add keyboard" and then "japanese romaji". Then a little picture of the world will appear next to the space bar on your keyboard and you can press it to switch between different keyboards.  I guess that it will be a similar process on the ipad.Hope that helps!

Posted by BenWhately Staff   12/22/11 (2 years ago)
  • It should be pretty quick to get this working on your ipad as well - I don't have one, but on my iphone you do it by going to "settings," "general," "keyboard" then "international keyboard", "add keyboard" and then "japanese romaji". Then a little picture of the world will appear next to the space bar on your keyboard and you can press it to switch between different keyboards.  I guess that it will be a similar process on the ipad.Hope that helps!

Posted by BenWhately Staff   12/22/11 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity