Japanese Keyboard

Hiho,

This is a rather weird question but ill ask anyway ;) I have a little problem. I started today and wanted to start with Japanese. The first thing i noticed, is that there is not pronouncing (donno maybe it will come later, after all for some languages its just a beta). So i know what these signs mean, but can´t really speak them.

The other part is (which is why I opened this Threat) that i don´t have a Japanese Keyboard. i know you can change the Language settings in you windows System settings, but still it would take like years till i find the sign i am asked for. So are there any ways you can help me with that? Any kind of easy label or a describtion on how a Japanese keyboard layout is?

I hope my english is understandable ;) thanks a lot this site rocks ;)

kind regards from germany ;) Synthien

Posted by memrise_ 11/7/11, last update 11/9/11 (2 years ago)
  • I have the same problem, I have to skip the parts where I have to type in the word(s) due to me not possessing a Japanese keyboard :(, I hope somebody can answer!

Posted by AlexYuuki 11/7/11 (2 years ago)
  • I have the same problem, I have to skip the parts where I have to type in the word(s) due to me not possessing a Japanese keyboard :(, I hope somebody can answer!

Posted by AlexYuuki 11/7/11 (2 years ago)
  • Hi Synthien, thank you very much for this post - it has put pressure on me to fix this up. I am going to sort out a set for learning the Kana ASAP. At the moment if you go to the Japanese FAQ - http://www.memrise.com/faq/jap... you will see a bit of an introduction to how to get your keyboard to write in Japanese once you know the phonetic alphabets. I will post again when I have got the kana sets fixed up.Thanks!Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   11/8/11 (2 years ago)
  • Hi Synthien, thank you very much for this post - it has put pressure on me to fix this up. I am going to sort out a set for learning the Kana ASAP. At the moment if you go to the Japanese FAQ - http://www.memrise.com/faq/jap... you will see a bit of an introduction to how to get your keyboard to write in Japanese once you know the phonetic alphabets. I will post again when I have got the kana sets fixed up.Thanks!Ben

Posted by BenWhately Staff   11/8/11 (2 years ago)
  • thanks a lot Ben ;)

Posted by Synthien 11/8/11 (2 years ago)
  • thanks a lot Ben ;)

Posted by Synthien 11/8/11 (2 years ago)
  • i managed to configure it under Windows 7 ... Here is a small "how to".At first you need to install the Japanese Language. This can be done under system configuration -> region and LanguageIf you configure something here it should tell you to install the language first (after installation some Windows Systems need to reboot)then you can go to region and language again. Here is a tab called Keyboard and Language. There is a button to the Keyboard Settings.In the Keyboard settings you can Klick add. search for Japanese language and add it. I added the Microsoft-IME. the normal Japanese Configuration didn´t work quite for me. I managed to type but i think it was only Katagana. Not sure. If you use the Microsoft-IME you get the same panel that jlptbootcamp describes in his tutorial. I hope this helps for now. I am now getting used to it and it will take a lot of time.this is an image of the japanese Keyboard layout. Enjoy and have fun;)Kind regards Synthienhttp://www.forlanglab.lsu.edu/...

Posted by Synthien 11/9/11 (2 years ago)
  • i managed to configure it under Windows 7 ... Here is a small "how to".At first you need to install the Japanese Language. This can be done under system configuration -> region and LanguageIf you configure something here it should tell you to install the language first (after installation some Windows Systems need to reboot)then you can go to region and language again. Here is a tab called Keyboard and Language. There is a button to the Keyboard Settings.In the Keyboard settings you can Klick add. search for Japanese language and add it. I added the Microsoft-IME. the normal Japanese Configuration didn´t work quite for me. I managed to type but i think it was only Katagana. Not sure. If you use the Microsoft-IME you get the same panel that jlptbootcamp describes in his tutorial. I hope this helps for now. I am now getting used to it and it will take a lot of time.this is an image of the japanese Keyboard layout. Enjoy and have fun;)Kind regards Synthienhttp://www.forlanglab.lsu.edu/...

Posted by Synthien 11/9/11 (2 years ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity