Not tested on Pinyin yet

I'm doing the Mandarin Reading Survival and HSK 1 courses. I've done about 50 words for each course but haven't been tested on Pinyin. Is that not part of these courses? Or do I have to adjust settings somewhere? I've been going through these forums, and I think I might be missing something.

Posted by pingKL 8/9/12, last update 9/6/12 (1 year ago)
  • If it matters, I've been using Memrise in Chrome on Mac and on Linux.

Posted by pingKL 8/9/12 (2 years ago)
  • I can think of three reasons this might be occurring.

1. You added the words recently (i.e. added 50 words 2 days ago, and another 50 words 1 day ago). If so, you just need to answer them a couple of times and you will be introduced to the pinyin. How many times you correctly answer the meaning questions will determine how quickly you are introduced to the pinyin.
    2. You accidentally selected to not be tested on the pinyin - I think this setting is accessible through the drop down menu in a watering session. I'm not sure though because I've never used that setting.
    3. You have encountered a programming bug and memrise needs to fix it.
    Posted by jenniferhunter 8/9/12 (2 years ago)
  • You were right, I just needed to practice a little more before the Pinyin came up. Thanks!

Posted by pingKL 8/10/12 (2 years ago)
  • It's a feature that is annoying. I want to be tested on Pinyin but won't be as long as I learn 50 words a day.

Posted by Funkman 9/6/12 (1 year ago)

Recent threads

This forum doesn't have any recent activity